Pregnancy comes with lots of changes, and as an expectant mother, these changes can take a huge toll on you. From the physical changes to the emotional ones, everything is just so overwhelming. Chiropractic care can help you find relief from the various discomforts that come with pregnancy. At Heritage Clinic of Chiropractic in Delaware, OH, we understand the unique challenges that pregnant women face. That’s why our prenatal chiropractor offers gentle chiropractic adjustments to help alleviate some of the common discomforts that occur during pregnancy.
How Can Chiropractic Care Help During Pregnancy?
- Reduced back pain: As the belly grows bigger, the extra weight can strain your back and cause pain. Gentle chiropractic adjustments can help reduce the pressure on your back and ease the pain. With well-chosen pain management techniques, you will find pain relief.
- Helps position the baby well: If the baby isn't positioned head first, it can cause complications during labor. Our chiropractor can perform the Webster Technique, which is a specific type of adjustment that balances the pelvis and releases tense muscles. This helps position the baby in the optimal head-down position for delivery.
- Reduced morning sickness: Nausea and vomiting during pregnancy, also known as morning sickness, can be debilitating. By improving nervous system function and realigning the spine, chiropractic care can reduce the symptoms of morning sickness.
- Reduced headaches and migraines: It's common to experience headaches during pregnancy due to the increased hormones and stress. Our family chiropractic care can reduce the frequency and intensity of headaches by realigning the spine and easing the tension in the neck and shoulders.
- Improved sleep: Sleep can be hard to come by when you’re pregnant. With reduced pain and discomfort, you will be able to sleep better at night.
How Does Prenatal Chiropractic Care Work?
The goal of prenatal chiropractic care is to realign the spine and pelvis, reduce nerve irritation, and ease muscular tension. This helps the body function optimally and provides relief from various discomforts. When you come in for an appointment, our prenatal chiropractor will take a complete health history and perform a physical examination. We will then assess your posture and spine to determine your situation. Once we have a better understanding of what you are going through, we can treat you more effectively.
Visit Heritage Clinic of Chiropractic in Delaware, OH
Heritage Clinic of Chiropractic is here to help you enjoy a healthy and comfortable pregnancy. Whether you need the Webster Technique or just want to reduce your back pain, our family chiropractic services can help. Call our team today at (740) 990-0036 or reach us through our website by using our online contact form.