With pregnancy comes change. You experience not only hormonal changes, but also physical changes. You see, as your baby grows, your center of gravity shifts, and you may exert pressure on your back, causing back pain and other kinds of discomfort. The good news is that pregnancy-related discomfort can be relieved by chiropractic care.
Ready to get started with prenatal chiropractic? If you are in Delaware, OH or the surrounding areas, schedule an appointment with our team at Heritage Clinic of Chiropractic.
Is Chiropractic Care Safe during Pregnancy?
Are you worried about receiving chiropractic care during pregnancy? Don’t be. Chiropractic care performed by a qualified prenatal chiropractor is absolutely safe for you and your baby. Prenatal chiropractors are specially trained to treat pregnant women. Chiropractors who handle pregnant women have special equipment to make mother and baby comfortable throughout treatment.
What Are the Benefits of Chiropractic Care during Pregnancy?
Are you considering seeing a chiropractor while pregnant? Below are some of the benefits of prenatal chiropractic:
- Reduces nausea and other pregnancy-related symptoms: Chiropractic care opens up communication between the nervous system and the rest of the body, resulting in better coordination of bodily functions, including hormone regulation.
- Reduces lower back pain: Weight gain puts pressure on the spine, leading to lower back pain. However, chiropractic care aligns your spine, correcting your posture. Spinal adjustments also lift pressure off the sciatic nerve, which reduces pains that radiate from the lower back to the legs.
- Promotes smooth delivery: Chiropractic adjustments help align your spine and pelvic joints, reducing restrictions during delivery. Chiropractic care also provides relaxation, which is crucial for a smooth birthing process.
Whether it’s back pain, sciatica, nausea, or headaches you’re experiencing during pregnancy, our prenatal chiropractor can help relieve your symptoms.
Chiropractic Treatments for Pregnant Women
The best part of chiropractic care is that it doesn’t use drugs to treat pain, something that is more than welcome to pregnant women. Here are some of the most common prenatal chiropractic treatments:
- Webster technique: This technique facilitates a smooth delivery, creates space in the pelvis, and puts the baby in an optimal position during delivery.
- Spinal adjustment: This technique aligns spinal muscles, reducing back pain.
Would You Like to Have a Smooth Delivery?
Schedule an appointment with us at Heritage Clinic of Chiropractic in Delaware, OH. Our prenatal chiropractor will ensure that you and your baby remain healthy during and beyond your pregnancy.